The Railroad Contractor Screening Program on the e-RAILSAFE system is designed to serve Class 1 Railroads with operations in the United States. Seven railroads currently participate in the program. JK-CO LLC works with five of the seven railroads which include BNSF, Canadian National, Conrail, CSX, and Norfolk Southern.
The program allows each railroad to monitor and maintain a history of anyone that has had or currently maintains access to their property. The level of screening accomplished will ensure all contract personnel have undergone testing, a background investigation, and received a proper identification badge.
PROGRAM CRITERIA FOR DENIAL OF ACCESS TO RR PROPERTIES:
- Conviction of a felony offense in the last 7 years
- Release from a penal institution in the last 5 years
- Active misdemeanor and felony warrants
- Any pending felony charge
- Social Security fraud alerts
- A history of crimes of concern
- Out of service area
- Permanent Disqualifier
- Background Check canceled by Contractor
*JK-CO LLC is required to comply with e-RAILSAFE. Denials to any one railroad would result in an automatic disqualification from employment.
By signing on page 4, I certify that my background does not include the criteria above and I will not be denied access to RR properties based on that criteria.